1. When does the season start? Assessments are in late March with practices starting at the end of March.
2. When does the season end? SALA games typically start end of April and the season generally ends with playoffs on the 4th weekend of June.
3. What is the commitment? Teams practice twice per week and typically play games on Saturdays (dependent on ref availability). Each team attends the home tournament and typically one other out-of-town tournament.
4. Is there travel? YES! Games are played in Medicine Hat, Taber, Lethbridge, or Brooks.
5. Where can I buy lacrosse equipment? We recommend trying the MH Lacrosse Buy, Sell, or Trade Facebook group first. Alternatively, you can check Sportchek or purchase online. Unfortunately, there are limited options in Medicine Hat for in-store purchases.
6. What equipment is required? Helmet, stick, gloves, mouthguard, jock, shoulder pads, elbow pads, kidney guard, and clean running shoes.
7. Can my player use their hockey equipment? YES! Most players starting lacrosse use hockey helmets, gloves, shoulder pads, jock, and elbow pads.
8. Can I request to play on a certain team? We do not accommodate team requests, if a division has more than one team the players are assessed and teams are created equally.